søndag 21. juli 2013

Thoughts are dead


There used to be a stream of thought in me, and they were given constant attention. I believed almost every thing they told me, and they told me plenty. The vast majority of it turned out to be untrue but I did not see that. It never occurred to me that I might want to question them in any way. They seemed utterly compelling. How did I leave behind this deeply entangling and profoundly confusing rat’s nest? The first and biggest realization was triggered by seeing that the thoughts I’d accepted without question for forever were simply not correct,- thoughts had conjured a world, attributed motives and values and meanings to people and situations, and then added the extra bonus of judgments. Every bit of it imagined and then believed. Story after story, after story. How much of this is playing out in your life? Look carefully.If there are thoughts that say something should not be, or that something is supposed to be present that isn’t, and you buy into them, then thoughts are weaving their hypnotizing magic. If there is sadness, depression, anger, guilt, shame… there are thoughts embraced at their root. When thoughts are telling us -This is how the world is or is supposed to be, then they are assuming the position of dictator in our life. And we give the power to do that via our constant attention and conscious or unconscious belief in them. They speak. We listen. And then the games go on. Look closely with a quiet mind for a moment, where do thoughts come from? Can that place be located in your direct experience? Does it even exist? Where do they go? Is that place findable?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar